TheBooth is a completely new initiative at MPBN launched at the Common Ground Fair in 2013 and is on the road in 2014. At its core is the opportunity to ask individuals around the state -- YOU! -- about issues facing Maine and topics of interest and communicate these real and raw comments back to the MPBN community over MPBN Radio, MPBN’s Facebook page, MPBN.NET, and MPBN’s Experience Magazine.
TheBooth is an actual recycled phone booth found in New Hampshire and brought back to life by MPBN’s design team and engineers. MPBN is partnering with Revision Energy and through their expertise and efforts, TheBooth is completely solar powered.
At events across Maine, attendees will be asked a single question and encouraged to go into TheBooth and record their particular viewpoint/opinion. MPBN’s Radio team will mash up many of the responses and put together a spot that will be broadcast and shared online.
Where TheBooth has been:
- Common Ground Fair, September 19 – 21
- Maine International Film Festival, Waterville, July 19
- Maine Fare Event, Maine Farmland Trust, June 20
- #CreateYourCity Event, Portland, June 18 and 19
- Celtic Woman, Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion, Bangor May 30
- Cape Elizabeth H.S. STEM Career Fair May 22
- Screening of The Roosevelts at the The State Theater, August 13th
Look for TheBooth at these events:
- Punkinfiddle Family Festival at Wells Reserve for Laudholm's National Estuaries Day Celebration, September 27
More events will be added weekly! Check back!
Archived TheBooth recordings:
- “What does public radio mean to you?” Cape Elizabeth H.S. STEM Career Fair May 22, 2014
- “What does public radio mean to you?” Common Ground Fair, 2013
Interested in TheBooth coming to your event? Send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org