The Maine Public Broadcasting Network
Listen Live
Classical 24
Search
UPDATE: Charges Not Ruled Out in Bath House Explosion
02/27/2013 1:47 PM ET  

Public Safety Department spokesman Steve McCausland says no final decision has been made on charges pending an investigation by the Maine Fuel Board.

Maine public safety officials say that charges could be filed in connection with the house explosion in Bath earlier this month in which a 64-year-old woman was killed.

Public Safety Department spokesman Steve McCausland says no final decision has been made on charges pending an investigation by the Maine Fuel Board which is looking into the delivery of propane into the apartment.

"And once they've done their part the fire marshals will review it and then make any final decisions of whether any charges are appropriate," McCausland says.

McCausland says it'll probably be several more weeks before the Fuel Board's final report is done. He says, in the meantime, the case remains open.

The Feb. 12 blast leveled a two-unit apartment building in Bath and killed Dale Fussell, who was
inside.

This story was written and reported by Ed Morin.

ReturnReturn!



Become a Fan of the NEW MPBNNews Facebook page. Get news, updates and unique content to share and discuss:

Recommended by our audience on Facebook:
Copyright © 2014 Maine Public Broadcasting Network. All rights reserved.