Getting Help Navigating the ACA
Enroll207 is a project of the Maine Health Access Foundation, the state’s largest health care foundation.
The federal government has set up telephone hotlines for individuals and small businesses:
- For individuals, dial 1-800-318-2596.
- For small businesses: dial 1-800-706-7893.
The Affordable Care Act also provides local “navigators” to help people navigate the new law. In Maine, they include:
- Aroostook County Action Program, 800-432-7881
- Kennebec Valley Community Action, 800-542-8227
- Midcoast Maine Community Action, 800-221-2221
- Opportunity Alliance (Cumberland County), 877-429-6884
- Waldo Community Action Partners, 877-930-7351
- Washington-Hancock Community Agency, 664-2424
- Western Maine Community Action, 800-645-9636
- York County Community Action Corp., 800-965-5762
Navigators are also available through Fishing Partnership Support Services/Maine Lobstermen’s Association:
- Fishing Partnership Support Services: 888-252-8816
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association: 207-967-4555
Other resources include:
- Consumers for Affordable Health Care, Maine’s designated consumer assistance program under the ACA: 800-965-7476
- Maine Bureau of Insurance: 800-300-5000
- Maine Community Health Options: 207-402-3330
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield: 800-722-0203
You can also find a great deal of information online at:
Other information and help can be found at these Web sites: