The Maine Public Broadcasting Network
Maine Public Radio
Maine Public Classical
Fire Kills Three Dogs in Maine Home Without Power
12/27/2013 1:20 PM ET  

A man from the central Maine town of China, who has been without power since Monday, said he believes candles caused a fire that killed three dogs in his home.

CHINA, Maine (AP) _ Neil Harrington told the Kennebec Journal that he had gone out to buy a generator Friday morning and returned home to see smoke pouring from the home. He used a shovel to break a bedroom window, and a neighbor and first responder pulled his brother-in-law out of the house.

The brother-in-law, who has cerebral palsy, was treated for smoke inhalation.

Utility crews are still working to restore power to thousands of homes and businesses after an ice storm last weekend.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Become a Fan of the NEW MPBNNews Facebook page. Get news, updates and unique content to share and discuss:

Recommended by our audience on Facebook:
Copyright © 2016 Maine Public Broadcasting Network. All rights reserved.