The Maine Public Broadcasting Network
Maine Public Radio
Maine Public Classical
Cigarette Blamed for Maine House Fire
12/13/2012 09:58 AM ET  

Firefighters are calling the fire, which caused major damange to a home in South Portland, accidental.

SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (AP) _ Firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for fire that caused major damage to a South Portland, Maine home.

The fire was reported a little before 8 p.m. Wednesday.

Firefighters are calling the fire accidental. Parts of the inside and outside were damaged.

No one was hurt.


Become a Fan of the NEW MPBNNews Facebook page. Get news, updates and unique content to share and discuss:

Recommended by our audience on Facebook:
Copyright © 2016 Maine Public Broadcasting Network. All rights reserved.