The Maine Public Broadcasting Network
Listen Live
Classical 24
Search
Visible By Administrators Only
Fan Blamed in Maine Fire that Left 1 Man Dead
10/05/2013 11:08 AM ET  

Fire investigators say the body of 57-year-old Samuel Spinicci was found in a second-floor bedroom.

MANCHESTER, Maine (AP) _ Authorities believe a malfunctioning fan ignited curtains in a Manchester home, setting off a fire that killed a man living there.

Fire investigators say the body of 57-year-old Samuel Spinicci was found in a second-floor bedroom. The state Medical Examiner's Office says he died of smoke inhalation.

The blaze was reported at 6:16 a.m. Saturday.

Authorities say Spinicci lived there with his wife and children, who were not injured and not believed to have been in the house when the fire started.

The couple operated Kennebec Taxi, housed in a recreational vehicle parked next to the house. The fire did not damage the RV.


 

ReturnReturn!



Become a Fan of the NEW MPBNNews Facebook page. Get news, updates and unique content to share and discuss:

Recommended by our audience on Facebook:
Copyright © 2014 Maine Public Broadcasting Network. All rights reserved.