Richard Judd is Associate
Professor of History, University of Maine. He is the author of
Aroostook: A Century of Logging in Northern Maine and
the editor of the Maine Historical Society Quarterly.
His Ph.D. is from the University of California at Irvine.
Wayne & Shan Snell are the
owners of Wilson's on Moosehead in Greenville, Maine. Wilson's
started in 1865 and is the oldest continuously running sporting
camp on Moosehead Lake - and one of the oldest in Maine. The
Snell's have owned the camps since 1983.
Matt Libby is the most recent
generation to run Libby Camps in Ashland, Maine. The Libby
family came to Maine from England in the 1660's and were
original settlers of Oxbow. Around 1885 they started Libby
Hotel and, in the 1890's went into the sporting camp business.
HOME: The Story of Maine on the Maine Public Broadcasting Network was made in partnership with the
Maine State Museum. Major funding was provided by the
Institute of Museum and Library Services, a federal agency committed to fostering innovation, leadership and a lifetime of learning. Additional funding provided by Elsie