Welcome to TheBooth Powered by ReVision Energy
TheBooth travels around the state asking Mainers about issues facing Maine and topics of interest and communicates these real and raw comments back to the MPBN community over MPBN Radio and MPBN’s Facebook page.
TheBooth is a recycled phone booth that is completely solar powered compliments of our partners at Revision Energy.
At events across Maine, attendees are asked a single question and encouraged to go into TheBooth and record their particular viewpoint/opinion. MPBN’s Radio team mashes up many of the responses and put together a spot that is potentially broadcast and shared online.
In 2014 TheBooth visited:
- Thornton Academy in Saco, December
- Punkinfiddle Family Festival at Wells Reserve for Laudholm's National Estuaries Day Celebration, September 27
- Common Ground Fair, September 19 – 21
- Maine International Film Festival, Waterville, July 19
- Maine Fare Event, Maine Farmland Trust, June 20
- #CreateYourCity Event, Portland, June 18 and 19
- Celtic Woman, Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion, Bangor May 30
- Cape Elizabeth H.S. STEM Career Fair May 22
- Screening of The Roosevelts at the The State Theater, August 13th
Look for TheBooth at this event:
Archived TheBooth recordings:
- "What are your dreams for the future?" Thornton Academy, 2014
- "If you were a drop of water, where would you want to land and why?" National Estuaries Day Celebration at Wells Reserve, 2014
- “MPBN Celebrity Edition: What is your FAVORITE MPBN Radio show?” Common Ground Fair, 2014
- "What does the future look like to you?" Common Ground Fair, 2014
- “What does public radio mean to you?” Cape Elizabeth H.S. STEM Career Fair May 22, 2014
- “What does public radio mean to you?” Common Ground Fair, 2013
Interested in TheBooth coming to your event? Send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org