The Maine Public Broadcasting Network
Listen Live
Classical 24
Search
Maine Woman Injured in House Fire
01/31/2014 03:40 PM ET  

Authorities say 63-year-old Rebecca Galleshaw suffered severe smoke inhalation and was transferred to a Boston hospital Friday afternoon.

BERWICK, Maine (AP) _ Maine fire marshals say a Berwick woman was seriously injured when fire broke out in her house.

They say 63-year-old Rebecca Galleshaw suffered severe smoke inhalation and was transferred to a Boston hospital Friday afternoon.

Firefighters found her in her bed after they were called to her house at about 8:30 a.m.

Investigators said the fire started in electrical wiring in the basement. Fire damage was confined to the basement, but the rest of the one story house had heavy smoke damage.
 

ReturnReturn!



Become a Fan of the NEW MPBNNews Facebook page. Get news, updates and unique content to share and discuss:

Recommended by our audience on Facebook:
Copyright © 2014 Maine Public Broadcasting Network. All rights reserved.